Travel Info Photos and Stories

Friday, August 25, 2006

Senegal April 2004

Senegal West Africa Saint Louis North River Atlantic Coast Africa
Senegal was a country I tried to enter once and couldnt due to document car problems, so my first failed attempt got stuck in my throat for a while until I went there to try again.
I went back to Senegal in April 2004 with my car all the way from Portugal, Morocco, Mauritania, and could give a wide trip on the country, exploring almost every single region of Senegal. As I entered The Gambia, I had to come back again to Senegal. I was actually expecting more about this country but I liked it and maybe I wiill come back one day, but I think only to pass to Mali and other West African countries.

My traject in the country

Mauritania/Senegal borderRosso, St. Louis, Richard Toll, Ndioum, Ouro Sogui, Bakel, Kidira, Mali Border, Tambacounda, Dar Salam, Tambacounda, Velingara
Senegal/The Gambia/Senegal border
Kaolack, Diourbel, Thies, Dakar, St. Louis, Rosso
Senegal/Mauritania border

River Senegal in Ndioum

The Senegal River is located in West Africa, covers 1.6% of the continent and spreads over four countries: Guinea, Mali, Senegal and Mauritania.
The sources of the Senegal River are located in Guinea and in the south-western part of Mali. This is a very important way of transportation, nd for centuries has been the fastest way of commercial trades along the countries that actually have it.
This picture was taken near Ndioum village after Ndiayene. This was one of my most beautiful sunsets ever.

Senegal River West Africa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home